I decided to completely rewrite most of the platforming engine that I used in Bravehorse. The Bravehorse system was not tile based which worked fine for that game since we did not need any slants or slopes, but we wanted slopes for Torpedo so I had to change it to a tile based system. So for the past week I have been working on the system, with most of the time spent on adding in the slopes and finding and fixing glitches. And now I am happy to say that it is completely done, we now have a good tile system with slopes and ramps (making it easier for handicap characters to navigate throughout the game).
I'm now going to work on making the level editor and then next up is improving the combat system.
(We'll try to get updates at least once a week from now on.)